Friday 4 August 2017

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Colour Explosions

Hello! Today I'm back with another 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Mani. If you missed my look for the 'Sunshine' prompt, you can find my post here. Today the theme is 'Colour Explosions'. I've known what I've wanted to do for this for quite some time. I thought it would be the perfect time for a bright splatter mani. Here's how it came out. Read on for more info!

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Colour Explosions @acertainbeccaa

I started with a black base to really make the bright colours pop. I used my go-to black, Pretty Serious Cosmetics 'Absence'. Shown below is two coats without topcoat.

Pretty Serious Cosmetics 'Absence' @acertainbeccaa

To create my splatter I used the Cirque Colors Vice 2017 Collection. I applied a generous amount of liquid latex to protect my skin, then made a mess! I carefully dipped a straw into each polish before blowing into the other end to splatter the colour across my nails. After some clean up, I finished with topcoat.

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Colour Explosions @acertainbeccaa
26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Colour Explosions @acertainbeccaa

What do you think? I do love a good splatter! I probably have could achieved a similar outcome with a bit of stamping, but that's nowhere near as fun. Plus you can't say I didn't create a 'colour explosion' - trust me, polish went everywhere!

The Cirque Colors Vice 2017 Collection is available on the Cirque website here. Depending on current stock, you can also find them on Rainbow Connection here.

Hope to see you in the next post!
Becca x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


3 comments:

  1. I had the same idea but cheated and stamped. I can't use a straw to splatter without getting dizzy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't blame you! I'll probably cheat next time! x

      Delete
  2. So so pretty! I really like this manicure!

    ReplyDelete